Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zombies and sweet little owls

I have had this insatiable urge to sew and craft lately! I finally finished my first patchwork quilt, accurately nic-named "The Headache Quilt." I have learned many things from sewing this quilt. The most important one is that quilting thread is NOT for the machine! Horrible knotted messes occur underneath my beloved projects! So after I machine-quilted the quilt, I had to go back and unpick the middle, where I started. Knots do not unpick easily, but whatever. When I finished the quilt I tossed it in the wash, put it on the line, and sighed with relief! I like the look of the quilt too! It's all vintage-ey looking.
I also was making fabulous cupcakes the other day and almost burned my fingers using a hot pad. So I sewed myself an oven mitt. Not bad for a first try... It looks a little like a sea-creature's deformed claw, but I tried it out and it works fantastic! And I saw a cut Tut-owl-rial online and made myself a cute little owl I dubbed Owliver.
I have been watching things like Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Dawn of the Dead and am feeling inspired to make a Parliament of owls. =D

2 comments:

Reno said...

You are one creative chickie! Thanks for the quilt. I love it- and you.

Robin said...

You are all crafty! LOVE the hotpad and owl!!! And ew Silence of the Lambs haunts me!

Followers