Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Glow or No?

While I was in Mississippi visiting Blake we went to Chilis and ate huge delicious meals. When we got back to the hotel I poked my belly out at Blake to demonstrate how full I was. Blake acted astounded at how I looked preggers. So we thought it would be funny to take a picture with my camera phone and send it to Mom and Ora. So we took the most flattering picture of my life. >.<

Ora knew right away that it was a "Poo baby." =D Lovely term. But my mother did not reply right away, so we went to bed. Honestly I thought my mom would see right through the picture and recognize it as a joke. The next morning I reached for my phone to see what time it was and saw I had a couple texts. The first was: "Huh?" from Mom. The next was: "Jocelyn!!! What are you telling me!?!?" Hehe, oops! Blake woke up to my laughter and I explained the situation to him.
We checked out of our hotel and headed to the mall for lunch. While walking around Spencers I saw these cute skully black and pink bibs. Our eyes met and we knew what we must do. So Blake and I bought them. Fast forward to me flying home, talking to Mom on the phone, where she didn't say anything about my illicit text, and arriving home at 3am with Mom awake to greet me. Still she said nothing so I figured she had seen through our ruse.
The next morning I woke up and saw Braydon outside doing weeds. I went out to say hi and after a few minutes of conversation Brayd asked, rather uncomfortably, "So... are you pregnant?" It was then that I knew my secret was still kept. I told him no. I guess after he went back inside Mom grilled him to see if he had found anything out. I have trained Braydon well and he just vaguely shrugged his shoulders and mumbled.
So I took the bibs in to show Mom and she pounced. I couldn't keep the trick up when I was face-to-face and I ended up laughing. Hehe. After she knew of our plot she called me a stinker and spent the remainder of the day calling me, "My non-pregnant daughter." I think she was disappointed because she couldn't Tweet about it, haha!
Mom says next time she won't be so gullible. Hehe, we'll see about that! =D Mom is one of the funnest people to play tricks on it. Maybe because she's always good-natured and takes jokes well.

1 comment:

Reno said...

Ha. Very funny. Grrr.

Followers