Friday, March 15, 2013

What We've Been Up To Lately...

A very exciting bunch of pictures from my phone...
I wrote a little note to Blake one night with instructions for his lunch and I found this when I got up in the morning. I giggled and took a picture. It was very sweet. It says, "I love you cuten."

Blake brought home some of the gear he's using to teach a class. He's been instructing about proper chemical protection during deployments or something. I think he's a little sick of it now, but he had fun playing with his props. 

He practiced putting on his mask and taking a drink. I just laughed and rolled my eyes at him while he played. 


This is us after we braved the storm on Christmas day to see Les Miserables. Blake loved it. So did I. So many people have whined about Russel Crow's singing. He was one of my favorite voices! Such a sexy bad guy! 

We went through Blake's side of the closet and found a pair of jeans that actually gave him a muffin top! It's like seeing a pig fly. Or a purple unicorn. It just doesn't happen. But it did! 

*Sidenote- Blake just leaned over to give me a kiss and saw his picture on the screen and he yelped, "What is that???!" Apparently two blogs in a day is a shock to his system. He said I should save this and spread the posts out so our families don't get "too much Jocelyn at once." He earned a Gubler glare for that one.*

I fixed my tulle skirt, only to find it was uneven...

So I had Blake put it on so I could even it out! It took a lot of convincing for him to let me take a picture and his stipulation is his face couldn't be in the picture. That makes it sooo mysterious as to who it is! Those feet! I die!

                                                      
For our anniversary I told Blake I didn't want flowers, I wanted a cinnabon. So he brought me home that deliciousness. It was way better than flowers!

And... my hair. I was thinking to myself I'd never sustain the guts long enough to make an appointment to actually cut my hair all off... so I grabbed my scrapbook scissors and chopped it. It was awful. After the squirrel-sized bundle of hair was laying dead in my trash can I started regretting my decision. It looked so beautiful! It was actually pretty fried from going blond last year so it did need to go. Blake came home from work and I had my hair in a ponytail and he immediately knew what I had done. I have no idea how because he didn't see the back of my head or the trashcan. He laughed a lot and asked if he could ever trust me alone with scissors in the house again. So we made an appointment.

And I came out with a faux hawk pixie. I loved it! And Blake was practically drooling on the steering wheel. Many pictures have ensued from this situation. 




And finally, I brewed two gallons of kombucha. At $4 a bottle it was getting a little expensive. So I grew myself a scoby and finally got brave enough to make some to drink. I made a second batch yesterday and got this batch started on the second fermentation. There are a million bottles covering the bar and I have been literally hopping around with joy. Blake has been eyeing them dubiously, probably remembering when I tried to brew water kefir with milk kefir grains. 


6 comments:

Reno said...

No one could ever possibly get 'too much Jocelyn'!
I love your hair. But as much as I want to appear young and hip- I love it better when it's not faux-hawking.
So now I'll sit here and wait for the next post. Thanks for the treat.

Robin said...

I LOVE your hair and I love love love you for making Kombucha!!!! And that skirt!

Unknown said...

Wow sis, I LOVE the short hair...talk to Rebecca will you? Keep the posts coming.

Court said...

LOVE your hair! How gutsy and awesome. You inspire me to make the cut... :)

Sabra at Sew a Straight Line said...

Your hair!! I love it so much!! SO MUCH! And I love your posts. You really are one of the funniest, most talented, beautiful women, Joce!

Ora said...

I agree.. there can never be too much Jocelyn!! I seriously love your hair! Miss you two - can't wait for you to come out in the summer!

Followers