Saturday, June 15, 2013

Run Lucky 5k

On March 10th we "ran" our first 5k together. It was mostly a wog (walk/jog) actually because we did zero training before the race. Nada, not even walked the length of a 5k. Our butts still had the imprint of couch cushions I'm sure. 

The race started at 2pm, so we woke up and were able to hang around the house for a while. It was soo cold that day! So we dug through the closet to find anything to bundle us up with. Blake came out with his military-issue long johns that are tan colored and have a sort of waffle pattern all over them. The crotch also goes down to just above his knees. Yeah. My eyes bugged and I demanded that he take them off. I would rather him freeze his giblets than taint his pretty-boy image. I offered up a pair of my yoga pants instead. So, underneath his athletic shorts are yoga pants that say something like, "Love Pink" on the waistband. :) It takes a real man to wear Victorias Secret Pink yoga pants! Even with all the layers we were still shivery. 

When we got to the place we THOUGHT we were supposed to park, it turned out to be the wrong place. We looked around and saw a jogger in green across the way and hustled after him. Turned out that jogger was even more lost than us and we wandered through construction and some businesses before we finally found the race start. Gotta say, we (me) were huffing and puffing just trying to find the race start! We hopped in towards the back and the race finally started. I gotta say it was pretty awesome running with so many people. And then walking with so many people. We were pretty slow even with the cold pushing us along. 

Towards the end Blake decided he would like to carry me the last 1k on his back. I giggle uncontrollably when someone runs with me on their back. I don't know if it's the bouncing or what, but I can't stop with the giggly-hiccupy laughter. That piggy-back coincided with an upward incline (there's no hills in Oklahoma!), so he didn't get very far, stopped, and literally dropped me. Like a sack of potatoes. But we rounded the last corner of the race and Blake urged me back onto his back, promising not to drop me again. I clung on for dear life and we crossed the finish line to the afterparty. 

 We didn't stay too long because it was so. fetching. cold! So we went to our favorite restaurant, Qdoba, and got giant burritos.

I snapped these two pics of Blake looking beautiful eating his burrito. And then he took over the camera.
 
I am such an attractive eater!



 

 
It tastes better if you eat like a pig.

 The next day we were so sore! And we had mostly walked! We decided that if we ever do a 5k again we will be trained before we sign up. And none in winter! And so I end with this smushed, attractive picture of us.



1 comment:

Reno said...

So he dropped you- and yet you let him pick you up and carry you again? That's devotion. Or something.

Followers