Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Christmas as celebrated by the ghosts of Christmas Jocelyn and Blakester


Prepare for pictures overload...



 Christmas this year in the Gubler/Scoot (oopsie, I'll enjoy that typo) household was pretty chill. I suppose we are just chill people in general. I was exhaustedly glad that Christmas day had actually came because Blake constantly pestered me to open his presents. He would poke and prod the packages and pick at the tape until I shooed him off with a broom.

 My fabulous Mumsy sewed us up an advent calendar that arrived on the first of December and we put a little ornament on it every day. Loves and adores it!! It took some explaining to the Blake that, no, even if he put all the ornaments on RIGHT NOW, Christmas would not come any faster. Sillyhead. 

We put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. I was super excited because I bought our fabulous black tree last year with my sis-in-law the day we picked up our moving truck and I had wanted to peek at it since we (meaning, muscly Ora) hauled it into the trunk in the Tai Pan parking lot. We had also bought plum and silver glass ornaments at Hobby lobby last year shortly after we got to OK. Yes, Blake approved the color scheme. After it was set up and decorated I whipped up a white tree skirt and we have been oogling our tree ever since. After the first two presents were placed under the tree Blake started his daily nagging to open the presents. I haz a child alreddy! 

On Christmas Eve we watched as Blake's family (hehe, the Crazy Scoots) opened their presents through the webcam. Brilliant webcam miracle! We also opened presents from them, which did not quell Blake's hunger for unwrapping presents-it sparked a flame. Afterwards we got Chilis To-Go and ate at our candle-lit table. How romantic, eating out of styrofoam. I had the most delicious grilled veggie tacos and Blake got some sort of quesadillas with dead things in them. Add chips and salsa and some corn and it was a party! We played some card games (me wiping the floor with Blake) and watched a movie.

*Note, these are from another Chilis to-go experience. Notice my "avocado" bean burger has two measly slices of avocado? Sneaky snakes…

The day of Christmas Blake woke up at 5am… and probably every hour after that. Finally he couldn't stand it anymore and pestered me awake at 8:30. He must have been given the 411 from Braydon. We got up and ate waffles (Blake scarfing them down in his eagerness) and we finally sat down to unwrap presents.

 Can i just say I loved and adored every single present?? =D Sure, I did pick most of them out myself, but that's beside the point. :) Blake seemed pleased with most of his presents, although he did get a little sour once...
Personally I would have been thrilled with a teeth-whitening kit!
All of our presents were labeled with love and creativity

My West Elm owls we-ahem, I mean SantaMcBlake, found at Marshalls for 1/4 of the price! Holla!

Um, fabulousness!! My amaze-za-zing sissy made this for me!!
Corn feed foot warmer I made for Polarbear-Toes McBlake

What could be in my fancy Made-Special-By-Shirley stocking that I stuffed a few weeks before?


Candy! 

Blake got oodles of candy in his stocking and a toothbrush. He was thrilled!
After unwrapping presents I got to see the Crazy Gublers through the webcam! Yay for more fantasmicness!!!! I was "passed around like an Indian peace-pipe" (-quote from Adam or Damon describing me as a baby) and saw all the fanciness that Mumsa, Padre, and Braydinski had unwrapped. Umm, homesick anyone?

Poorly done bokeh... but fun


After present-opening was done we took some pics of our tree and by the tree. Traditional pics until we died. And became ghosts. We found it very difficult to get the camera to capture our ghost selves, but we managed. 



3 comments:

Beth Williams said...

So fun! Love reading up on you guys(: Webcams are awesome, yeah? and waking up early is totally in our genes! We started at about 6am haha!

Love ya.

Reno said...

I love reading your posts! I smile the whole way through. Then I get sad because they are so few and far between. (Hint)
Loved the ghosty picture. And all of the rest. You are my special angel! (Member that song?)

Anonymous said...

um we had pizza from papa murphy's on christmas eve silly head...mmm, cowboy pizza =P but yes christmas was a good for our first time by ourselves.

Followers