Thursday, April 28, 2011

Case of the Mondays



Monday was my doctors appointment for my freaky toenail. I had to drop Blake off at work at 7:30am so I drove across base and parked in the medical parking lot and slept in the backseat of the car until 10:00 and then went inside the labyrinth of a medical building to sign in for my appointment. I suppose military doctors are much more efficient because I was 15 minutes early for my appointment and I hadn't even finished my paperwork when I heard, "Mrs. Scott?" I stared at the guy for a few seconds before I confirmed that, yes, that was me. After talking to the doc and having him look at my toenail he said we could 1- Do nothing. (Um, yeah, that's what I made an appointment for, so I could do nothing) 2- Take another round of lamisil. 3- Take the little sucker completely off. I opted for the removal to just get it over with. So the PA in training came in and numbed me five times in my teeny-tiny toe and, under my PA's supervision, took my nail off. After it was off I peeked over my knees and saw a flat toe! I couldn't help but say, "It's beautiful!" which I realize now was pretty stupid to say.
I was blissfully numb the rest of the day even after I crammed my big ol' bandaged toe into my chucks and wandered back through the labyrinth.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

To Say "beautiful" about the nail is soooo okay... I say it everytime I rip (or tear or some other way do horrid nail damage) off a nail then I am able to get it repaired... So love the clunky bandage too.

The Cutesie-Tootsie Gublers said...

I think it's beautiful when you've had something broken and then you get it completely and wonderfully fixed.

Followers