Saturday, March 19, 2011

Stayin' out of mischief! Sorta...



So I've finally put my money where my mouth is and got two strawberry plants and 8 cherry tomato plants. Oh, and a daisy plant! =D I am soo excited to start my little garden on our terrace...patio...balcony...little outside space. I am ridiculously excited for things to start growing. Getting started probably cost more than buying the fruits already grown through the season, but hopefully this stuff will last and we can reuse the pots and soil for the next years.
Something that Blake is super excited about is the new Canon camera we bought yesterday. We have been drooling over it since we arrived in Midwest City and I guess our defenses were low yesterday because we got the camera! It takes droolworthy pictures! For example, we were sitting in our dark little living area and Blake took a picture (without flash) of a vase on our bookshelf. The picture looked better and brighter than looking at the vase in person!! Nuts! After we finished with the purchase and went out to the car, Blake wouldn't let the camera be put in the trunk for transportation. He lugged that thing on his lap while he drove home. He wouldn't even do that with a new baby I'm sure! Of course that would be unsafe, but you get the idea.


So today we went around and went to the park to take some pictures. Me with my now pathetic-seeming Canon Rebel and Blake with the new golden child. While we were there, I glanced behind me at the walking/biking path and saw a man miss the bridge and tumble down the little embankment. He layed there with his bike on top of him while I slapped at Blake to go help him. When Blake saw the guy laying there with his head almost in the river he ran over and got the bike off the guy and helped him right himself. What a sexy superhero! Fyi- the guy was ok I think. Just bruised (ego also). Dummy didn't have any brakes. I think if you don't have brakes, and you can't stay on the road, go for a walk! Oy!



Also, I have officially committed spousal abuse. I punched poor unsuspecting Blake in the face. I just had to take him down a notch. Tsk. Ok, well it was an accident. Blake put up a pillow wall between us one night and I grabbed the offending pillow and went to thump him on the head with it. Unfortunately instead of just the pillow hitting him, my closed fist hit him in the mouth. I gave my hubby a fat lip!! We could argue both sides that say the punk had it comin' to him with all his pestering poor little me, but I did feel bad. Thankfully he now is almost all better. But, unfortunately for me he keeps rubbing it in. "Will you make me rice? You did punch me in the face..." or "Will you get my toothbrush? You did punch me in the face..." or "Will you lick my feet? You did-" Ok, that last one was an exaggeration, but that one's not too far off I'm sure!

2 comments:

Reno said...

Sorta is right.
You make me laugh. That licking the feet comment reminds me of the toe jam thing that the whole ward still talks about.

Beth Williams said...

hahah you guys are so awesome(: I want to take some photography classes so that my husband will let me get a super sweet camera someday!

Followers