Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Two Year Wedding Anniversary


Prom 2007

It has been another freezing weekend for our anniversary this year. There is not a blizzard raging outside the house, but it is cold and all me and the Blake have wanted to do is stay warm inside. 

Friday night Blake came home at 9pm and we watched How I Met Your Mother until a ridiculous hour. Verrr exciting. The next day we went across town to Walmart to get our oil changed and buy hangers and goo gone! Score! But then it was off to Panda Express. But as we drove through the parking lot I noticed poor Panera Bread, standing there looking at me sadly. So we decided to try it out. My mother may not want to read this next part. Turn away, Mother! … Even though my mum is still reading this because she doesn't listen, ahem, I will proceed. I-I mean, Blake, committed a kleptomania. We ordered our sandwiches and she asked us what we would like to drink. Blake declined and threw my mind into outer space! It was under this wave of craziness that I saw bottled water in ice and ordered, "A water." After we paid the girl didn't hand me a water cup. Soooo I figured she had thought we meant the ridiculously priced bottled water and I grabbed one. Blake refrained from telling me that we had not paid for that water until after I had walked around the room looking for a seat and holding my stolen water bottle. Well, I couldn't take it back. The bucket of ice and water bottles sat right in front of the cashier. I'm sure Panera Bread is like the post office and can just "Write it off." So, that is the story of how I… well, I may have WRITTEN it as me klepting out, but it was totally the Blake, stole a water out from under the nose of a very nice Panera Bread employee. It was a smooth drink by the way, with only a hint of guilt and shame. 

Anyways, towards the end of my sandwich I glanced out the window and saw poor Panda Express, standing there looking at me sadly. So we decided to try it out. Give it another try if you will. We ordered another full meal for each of us at Panda and it. Was. Delicious! Um, happy day-before anniversary, have two dinners! 

The next day we had some fun in town and went to Olive Garden and gorged ourselves on deliciousness and enjoyed a flamboyant waiter who kept coming to visit our table coyly checking out my husband. 
Anyways, we are both still pretty happy with our two-year-old decision to be married. Blake thanks his lucky stars that he's got me to keep him in check and I'm very happy that Blake keeps me laughing every day. I love my Blake like a proctologist loves thick rubber gloves. :)

Five things Joce loves about Blake
*We can cuddle on my side of the bed to warm it up and then I can kick him back over to his side when I want to sleep.
*A toilet paper Fairy-McBlake changes the roll every time
*We generally have similar tastes in music resulting in awesome singing and dance sessions
*He's so sweet about waking me up, rubbing my back and is somehow always in a good mood
*His Deedee (from Dexter's Laboratory) run that he does around the house. Makes me crack up every time!

Five things Blake loves about Joce
*When I am hungry the magic Joce fairy makes food appear out of thin air
*I never have to worry about lack of entertainment because my Jocelyn always has something to watch whether it is a new movie or some classic cartoons
*She is always thinking about what is best for our future and keeps my crazy spending habits under control
*She has a great sense of humor….most of the time at least
*She knows she married a crazy Blaken and she is proud of it

4 comments:

Ora said...

Happy day to you guys!! Glad you had a good anniversary and double dinner pre-anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that it has been 2 years.... It makes my heart happy to read about your 'adventures' and love you have for each other. Keep it up.

Reno said...

I'm glad that you two crazies found each other.
And the reason that you could eat two dinners is because the guilt ate away the first one. Ha!

The Cutesie-Tootsie Gublers said...

GAG. Oh, uh, I mean, HOW CUTE!!!!

Followers