Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Boytoy Spoils Me :)

It was just another windy day in Oklahoma. Blake and I were hanging out--chillin' if you will, when Mom convinced us it was time to add a third to our new home. So we went downtown and adopted a Bernina 350 Patchwork Edition. It was love at first stitch. We named her Bernini because that's what Blake kept calling the brand.



Bernini's even has a place at the table. She is allowed there because there is no place in our apartment to call her very own. I have finished a blue dress that has needed hemming for, well, forever. Blake was my mannequin so I could pin the dress. He looked so beautiful standing on the chair in the dark blue sleeveless dress. A vision. He said I could blog about him being my mannequin, but I couldn't take any pictures. Drat!

I also sewed some patches onto a boring black apron. I left the edges raw and threw it in the wash so the patches have the ratty edges I wanted.



And I sewed drapes for our bedroom. I thought I would just whip up the drapes in an hour or so, but it's amazing how much work they actually are for just being a bunch of straight lines to sew! Last night was the first night we slept with drapes on all our windows and it was nice. It keeps our room warmer too I think. But, if you look behind the drapes in the morning, there is still this...







Apparently that's common in Ok! Sooo weird! I couldn't believe that there was ice on the inside of the window when it hadn't rained or snowed. So much different than S. Utah!

And a few days ago we decided to go window shopping at the Penn Square mall. It was a dream! =D







Haha, those are what came from our "window shopping." =D The polka-dot dress was actually a Christmas present that had finally arrived in the mail as we were leaving though. I love the dresses so much that I have worn them even though it suddenly turned blistery cold! I guess beauty truly is painful! =D Blake got an awesome "Day to Remember" tshirt from Hot Topic so he was happy too! He is such a sweetheart and held my purse patiently while I went and tried things on.

Thankfully I have my new dresses to bandage the wound left from my lack of big-brother Adam. Food just doesn't taste the same without the sound of, "Toodles!" echoing in my ears.

2 comments:

Reno said...

Cute dresses!
I really would like to see Blake in that dress though. Please arrange that very soon.
I had ice inside my bedroom window a week or so ago. See? Oklahoma doesn't have anything we don't!

Ora said...

AHH!! I finally found you! I love your clothes.. I need to steal them from you! mwahaha. Love your new baby! Bernina's rock! I love your blog.. wish I would have seen it sooner!

Followers