Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Our 4th of July Weekend!

Blake had a four day weekend for the 4th this month. Score! =D
We went to Frontier City (Oklahoma's Lagoon) on Friday morning. It was amazingly empty that day. The longest we had to wait for a ride was the ride going around twice.

Excuse the crazy hair- we went on a wet ride first to keep us cool in the humid hotness.



We took lotsa pics on the roller coasters and on the merry-go-round. They make me laugh every time I look at Blake's faces. =D




And finally we went and got our caricatures drawn. Don't we look beautiful? I think the guy totally nailed Blake. I hope he was a little off with mine! =D


Also this weekend we went shopping. Crazy, huh? As I was getting my hair done, Blake went to Best Buy and looked for birthday present ideas. He gave me some lame ideas that he had for himself so I mentioned that I was surprised he hadn't asked for a TV. Immediately he went crazy picking out his perfect telemundo. He spent that entire evening researching and comparing TVs. I asked him if he would give up pop for a TV and he wholeheartedly agreed. So that night he dreamed about giving up pop for his perfect TV! What a crazy Blake! When we were searching for a couch we saw the model of the TV he had picked out for several hundred dollars cheaper than he had found online. So we went home with a 46 inch LED. Blake couldn't be happier.

Our couch got here today. It's lovingly called "Our ugly, cute couch" because... well, it's ugly as sin but so fabulously comfortable! The poor delivery men were drenched in sweat when the finally got the couch up the stairs. I literally kept stepping in pools of wet carpet from the guy's sweat. Gross!

And the middle section flips open to reveal cupholders, two reading lights, and switches to turn on a massage feature. And the bottom part of the middle section pulls out into a drawer.

Then yesterday we relaxed and watched Justified on Blake's new TV. Then we went out to grocery shop around 11 and ended up parking and watching fireworks on the trunk of our car. It was a great weekend. I loved spending four nonstop days with Blake and eating lots of junk food, Jersey Mikes, and Papa Johns.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the ugly comfortable couch... WHY are the UN-comfy ones always the cute ones that match your "look"?

Reno said...

Well, it certainly is interesting looking but when you're sitting on it, watching your new tv- who's going to be looking at the couch?

Reno said...

PS- actually I don't mind the way it looks.

Robin said...

I think the couch is groovy.

Beth Williams said...

Wahoo! So glad you had time together(: and big TV's are AweSOME! We have a 42 (so not too big) and we love it! We don't like to watch tv at other peoples places, its painful after you are used to a nice tv(:

The Cutesie-Tootsie Gublers said...

So glad that you posted your July 4th weekend, I was thinking about you guys and wondering what you were doing. Love the pics and your funky couch!

Followers