Saturday, June 19, 2010

A blog by any other name would smell as sweet

So I have been busy this week. I preordered the cutest bag of my life- this Hello Kitty purse. =D I have to check the link every day to look at the purse and to see if they were in stock yet. *Sigh* I have never had this deep of a love for a handbag in my life! I believe we will be together forever.And today I felt crafty and decided to make my preggo sister a receiving blanket for her seventh child. I just sewed the flannel together, turned it inside out and finished the edge, then freehanded the cute little bird with a fabric pencil. I then reloaded the sewing machine with red thread and shakily began sewing what I had drawn. Making the start and the finish line up felt like I was landing a plane. I had to stop several times and shimmy and shake to relax. But, as I connected the bottom of the heart- one inch to go- I ran out of thread. Agh! I, however, stayed calm in the face of the crisis and found some pinkish red thread that almost matched and finished the heart. I am pretty pleased with the result and hope that my sister, or rather, her baby, is pleased.
I also just completed this king-sized quilt for our bed. Blake and I had bought this fabric a couple years ago and I dug it out of my fabric box a couple weeks ago. It has gotten way too hot for my white overstuffed comforter so I gathered together supplies and made this quilt. I moved my furniture into the kitchen so that I could lay the fabric on the carpet. This was more difficult than I initially imagined because our tiny living room isn't big enough for a king-sized quilt to lay flat on the floor. So, after some stewing and shifting of fabric I finally had everything stretched and pinned to the carpet. It took days to tie my quilt. I went through season 1-3 of the Tudors in this time and finally finished. Braydon was there for my final knot and I stood up, stretched and went for my water bottle for a victory swig of water. Instead of the refreshing taste of water, my vegetarian mouth was violated with an earwig! Yuck! I froze and then spit the water onto my poor quilt. Braydon was shocked, but saw the wiggling creature and me running to the sink and about peed his pants with laughter. After that day I have been utterly paranoid about what I drink from. >.<
But, I dried off the quilt and finished the edge and now it is on our bed. =D I totally love it and it makes these hot summer nights so much better.

I am currently working on a queen-sized patchwork quilt for my mummy. Thankfully that size fits my living room perfectly. =D I cut up hundreds of 4*4 inch pieces of fabric. IF I ever make another patchwork quilt, the squares will probably be 12*12!! I finally got sick of this incredibly slow process and put the quilt away. Out of sight, but not out of mind. It is currently calling me from inside the cedar chest 10 feet away. When I start a project, it becomes an obsession. I will work on it right before bed at night and immediately as I wake up in the morning. It has been put away for two days, but I think it is coming out tomorrow.

1 comment:

Robin said...

EEEKKKK!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Hope it wasn't a suprise (mom sent me the link to your blog) I saw the picture before reading the post and thought, "CUTE!!!" AND YEAH! It's for me! xxooxoxo

Followers