Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Bleary-Eyed Self


So late last night my slumber was disturbed by the sound of some sort of pump clicking on and off right outside my door. I laid in my bed with my eyes as wide as they could go, my nostrils flaring, and a look of slight insanity on my face...at least I feel like I looked that way...I couldn't see myself...it was dark... anyways I started counting how often it would click. Seven seconds on, eleven seconds off, seven seconds on, eleven seconds off, etc. How freaking annoying is that???!!! I mean, I think the Chinese have even invented a TOURTURING method using things like that! Anyways, I guess something was wrong with some pipes in our drain system. So this morning a plumber made his way over to our toilet and checked everything out. He was positively puzzled. You know it's bad (and expensive) if your plumber is puzzled at your problem. So finally the guy decided to check the pipes buried in our backyard. It was pretty bad. I guess what had happened when we were putting in my bathroom downstairs the tractor knocked a pipe and broke it. So througout the like...six years since the bathroom was finished plantlife has been making it's way into the pipes and totally choking it out. When I heard this I was not interested. And then when I saw the broken pipe, I was TOTALLY fascinated!! I could have stared at that broken pipe for quite a while, totally mesmerized. There was something about it.
The picture that I posted certainly doesn't do the mesmerizingness justice. Anyways, sad that a plumbing problem was the funkiest part of my day. Excuse the pun. Excuse me. Excuse the second pun!!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eww, gross! >.< but looks awesome... =)

Followers